2019 LA Art Project 2: Core Evolution
- Title : Core Evolution
- Date : February 1 - February 15, 2019
- Opening Reception : Friday, February 1, 2019 at 7:00pm
- Place : Korean Cultural Center Los Angeles Art Gallery (2nd Floor) 5505 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90036
- Artists: Yoonchung Park Kim, Mirang Wonne, Hei Myung C Hyun
- Opening Reception Reservation : www.kccla.org/english/programs_reservation.asp
- Present : Korean Cultural Center LA
- More Information : Tammy Cho, KCCLA at 323-936-3014
The Korean Cultural Center Los Angeles proudly presents the second exhibition of 2019 LA Art Project, < Core Evolution > which will take place from February 1st to the 15th at the Korean Cultural Center Art Gallery, located at 5505 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90036.
At this exhibition, three female artists, Mirang Wonne (San Francisco), Yoonchung Park Kim (San Diego), and Hei Myung C. Hyun (Los Angeles) from southern California will tell their stories through their artwork.
Nowadays, artwork by Korean American artists are readily available to the public. However, this wasn’t the case in the 1960s, especially for female artists. After graduating from Korean universities in the 1960s, these artists, individually, went to study in America and France, only to get culturally shocked by new ideas. They had to fight their fixed ideologies and find their new identities through a chaotic identity search. They steadily moved forward by harmonizing Eastern and Western cultures and by solidifying their beliefs. These artists continue to passionately endeavor in the roots of California.
The exhibition is open to the public and the opening reception will be held on Friday, Feb. 1st, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. at the KCCLA 2nd floor art gallery. If you are interested in attending the opening ceremony or for more information, please RSVP at www.kccla.org or call 323-936-3014.