2019 ARI PROJECT: Performing Arts
Alegria: Creating music with joy from different cultures
Promoted by Kelly Che & the Chestondi Project
-Title: Alegria: Creating music with joy from different cultures
-Presenters: Korean Cultural Center, Kelly Che & the Chestondi Project
-Date: Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 7:30pm
-Place: Korean Cultural Center, Los Angeles 3rd Fl. Ari Hall
5505 Wilshire Blvd., LA, CA 90036
- Online Reservation: www.kccla.org/english/programs_reservation.asp
-For more Info: email@example.com or 323-936-3015
The Korean Cultural Center Los Angeles (KCCLA) and Kelly Che & the Chestondi Project will present a special performance, “Alegria : Creating music with joy from different cultures”, on Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 7:30p.m. on the 3rd floor of the Korean Cultural Center Los Angeles in the Ari Hall.
Participating artists include Kelly Che(vocal), Joe Rotondi(keyboard), Edward Resto(bass), Aaron Serfaty(drums), Will Brahm(guitar), Frank Fontaine(saxophone) and Joey De Leon (percussion), the members of the Kelly Che & the Chestondi Project, and they are all joining together for this special performance. This project will embrace each band members’ heritage as the music will take the audience to various places throughout the world.
The program features three (3) different genres of jazz: Brazilian Jazz, American Jazz and Latin Jazz. Each genre has a different character, the band will feature some standard jazz numbers, medleys and Korean traditional songs and Korean pop songs with each jazz style arrangement.
Kelly Che & the Chestondi Project offers unique kind of jazz music shaped through musicians who tantalize different senses with an entrancing mix of songs, old and new, delivered in hip jazz styling. Songs presented in the concert are ranged by influences from the Beatles to Cole Porter and Korean folk to Brazilian melodies where audiences are always taken on a wonderful musical ride tailored to Los Angeles’ great ethnic stew.
Admission is free, and reservations can be made online or over the phone.
* This performance is presented as a part of the Korean Cultural Center’s 2019 ARI PROJECT Season 6: Performing arts series, which features a rich program of various performing arts programs including Korean traditional music and dance, modern fusion world music, jazz, musical as well as theater.
1) The Girl from Ipanema(이파네마에서 온 소녀)
3) Sad Letter(우울한 편지)
4) Medley: So Danco Samba / Agua De Beber / Mas Que Nada
5) Proposal (청혼)
6) Autumn Leaves(어텀 리브스(고엽))
7) 500 Years(한오백년)
8) Mom Sister (엄마야 누나야)
9) Fly Me To The Moon
10) Milyang Arirang(밀양 아리랑)
11) Love Love Love (사랑 사랑 사랑)
12) Oye Como Va + Spooky
13) You Are My Happiness (그대 내게 행복을 주는 사람)
14) Besame Mucho + Spring Is Gone(봄날은 간다)
15) If you come into my heart(그대 내 맘에 들어오면)
16) Eres Tu (그건 너) + Sailor’s Song (뱃노래)
* The program is subject to change without notice.