Hello everyone, it is good to see you again. It is our day two talking about taekwondo and training.? Today, I will be talking about the contemporary developmental history of taekwondo.
By the way, did you know that Taekwondo used be called differently? Yes, it was “Taesoodo” when Korea Taesoodo Association was found in 1961 and it became an amateur sport of Korea Sports Association in 1963. Finally, in 1965, the Korea Taesoodo Association renamed its organization as Korea Taekwondo Association by one vote difference. Otherwise, we could have been yelling “Taesoodo” instead.
History of Taekwondo and its educational values
- 1961, Korea Taesoodo Association
- 1963, approved as amateur sport of Korea Sports Association
- 1965, renamed as “Korea Taekwondo Association”
- 1970, US National Collegiate Taekwondo Association
- 1972, Established Kukkiwon as the “World Taekwondo Headquarters”
- 1973, Established World Taekwondo Federation ? “World Taekwondo”
- 1973, organized the 1st World Taekwondo Championship
- 1974, AAU Taekwondo & US Taekwondo Union (2nd country after Korea)
- 1978, Unified Kwans in Taekwondo
- 1978, Taekwondo became a part of USOC under Ted Steven’s Act
- 1988, 1992 demonstration event of Olympics
- 1994, Sept. 4, Paris IOC Congress decided to add Taekwondo as official program
- 2000, Taekwondo as an official program of the Olympics
#Taekwondo #Sports #Korea #Koreanculture #kccla #TKD #tkdlife #doingthings #discipline #discover #quarantinelife #culture #Cal Taekwondo #ucmartialarts #worldtaekwondo #nctakick #calrecsports #ucberkeley #ucbphysical #Taekwondostory #Onlinetaekwondo #Taekwondoeducation #태권도
* we won't spam you, never.