Special Exhibition commemorating the 70th Anniversary of the ROK-U.S. Alliance: CELEBRATION
ZiBEZI x The Producer BDB
- Exhibition Title: Special Exhibition commemorating the 70th Anniversary of the ROK-U.S. Alliance "CELEBRATION"
- Date: April 6(Thursday) - April 28(Friday), 2023
- Opening Reception: Thursday, April 6, 2023 at 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
*Opening Reception Register:Opening Reception Register
- Artists Talk: Saturday, April 22, 2023 1:00 PM-3:00 PM
*Artists Talk Register:Artists Talk Register
- Gallery Open Hour: Monday - Friday : 10:00AM - 5:00PM
- Location: KCCLA Art Gallery (2nd Floor) / 5505 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90036
- Exhibition Partnership: Korean Cultural Center Los Angeles & LA Art Show
- Guest Curator: Brenda Lee(LA Art Show Director of Korean Art Affairs)
- Artists: ZiBEZI, The Producer BDB
- More information: Tammy Cho at 323-936-3014
Korean Cultural Center Los Angeles (KCCLA, Director Sangwon Jung), in partnership with LA Art Show (Producer/Director Kassandra Voyagis), proudly presents the Special Exhibition commemorating the 70th Anniversary of the ROK-U.S. Alliance "CELEBRATION" which will open with a reception at the Korean Cultural Center Art Gallery (located at 5505 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90036) from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. Thursday, April 06, 2023.
The exhibition will present the 50 individual artworks of ZiBEZI and The Producer BDB which collectively commemorate the 70th Anniversary of the ROK-U.S. Alliance.
ZiBEZI’s free style painting with improvised inspiration and imagination drew attention from the 'Parasite' director Bong Joon Ho of the movie Parasite with 10 million viewers. The artist now receives a lot attention from the public for being a part of the movie. Whenever his friends ask him where he is, he used to answer back to them that he is home in Korean "jib -e- ji". The artist's name ZiBEZI is driven from his answer.
ZiBEZI is not limited to one material, but uses a variety of materials other than markers and acrylics to create his own works. In this exhibition, you can see the latest signature works such as portraits, characters, houses, love, and patterns, which are the main subjects of ZiBEZI, as well as early works, shoes and accessory character art that the artist worked on.
The Producer BDB (Bryan Avila), as a pop artist, one way he likes to explore the interplay between different cultures is by mixing historical icons with modern fashion classics. By juxtaposing these elements, he hopes to create a sense of timelessness and cross-cultural dialogue that celebrates the richness and diversity of human experience.
In his art, he often takes inspiration from iconic figures and movements from the past, such as Andy Warhol and Pop Art, as well as historical figures and events that have shaped our world. At the same time, he also draws on contemporary fashion and design, incorporating elements of modern streetwear and haute couture into his work.
An “Artists Talk” program is scheduled for Saturday, April 22, from 1 to 3 p.m. Participating artists, ZiBEZI & the Producer BDB will discuss their process and the ideas behind the work as well as get to ask questions.
The exhibition is open to the public and the show will run until April 28th, 2023.
* we won't spam you, never.