2019 ARI PROJECT: Performing Arts
The Friendship Concert
Promoted by The Artists' Platform (TAP)
In remembrance of 1992 Los Angeles Riots
-Title: The Friendship Concert
-Presenters: Korean Cultural Center, Los Angeles, The Artists' Platform (TAP)
-Date: Friday, April 26, 2019 at 7:30pm
-Place: Korean Cultural Center, Los Angeles 3rd Fl. Ari Hall
5505 Wilshire Blvd., LA, CA 90036
- Online Reservation: www.kccla.org/english/programs_reservation.asp
-For more Info: email@example.com or 323-936-3015
On Friday, April 26th, 2019, the Korean Cultural Center Los Angeles (KCCLA) and Artists' Platform (TAP) will present The Friendship Concert at 7:30pm on the 3rd floor of Korean Cultural Center, Los Angeles in the Ari Hall.
This year marks the 27th anniversary of the 1992 Los Angeles Riots. In commemoration of everyone who struggled and fought for their people, diverse communities will join together to send a harmonious message through music and dance. The Friendship Concert will start off with a suite honoring Maya Angelou, an African-American poet and female civic activist, and relay the message of her magnificent fight and victory. This concert will emit hopeful messages and give an opportunity for our communities to learn and embrace each other’s differences.
Participating artists include Juli Kim (Artistic Director TAP), James Mahkween, Joy Williams, Sonia Ochoa, Evelyn Ifiegbu, Sunjoo Yeo, Crystal Her, Michael Kim-Sheng, Pat Tayor, Ramya Harishankar, Stephanie Cheung, Haihua Chiang, Yuanyuan Jiao, Joseph Wiggan, Isabella Weiss, and they are all joining together in LA for this special performance.
* This performance is presented as a part of the Korean Cultural Center’s 2019 ARI PROJECT Season 6: Performing arts series, which features a rich program of various performing arts programs including Korean traditional music and dance, modern fusion world music, jazz, musical as well as theater.
*The Artists’ Platform (TAP), seeks to empower all artists through providing a platform for performance and expression.
1. Maya Angelou Suite: 마야 안젤루 모음곡 (Eternity Dance Theatre)
2. Realm In Between: 공간의 중간 (Evelyn Ifiegbu)
3. Oriental Play: 오리엔탈 플레이 (Music: Danza del Ajedrez by Eduardo Paniagua)
4. Katallage: 카탈라지 (J.D.A.C.I.O.)
5. 'Promise' from Kongji and Phatji: 콩쥐 팥쥐 중 ‘약속’ (Music by Hojun Lee)
6. New Leaf: 새잎 (Short Music/Dance Video)
7. One of These Mornings: 어느날 아침 (Jazz Antiqua Dance & Music Ensemble)
8. Kannamuchi: 칸나무치 (Arpana Dance Company)
9. Salpuri 살풀이
10. Petrichor: 페트리코르 (Music by Michael Kim-Sheng)
11. Unlock the Swag: 스와그 잠금 해제 (626 G-squad)
12. Jazz in Motion: 재즈 인 모션 (Choreography/Dance by Joseph Wiggan)
13. Five Drum Dance: 오고무 (Choreography/Dance by Juli Kim)
14. Miyake Taiko: 미야케타이코 (LA Miyake Kai)
The Artists' Platform(TAP)
The Artists’ Platform(TAP), seek to empower all artists through providing a platform for performance and expression.
* The program is subject to change without notice.